A private foundation founded by William D. Eppes to support the arts, historical preservation, and education
We define our target areas broadly in allocating resources. The arts include music and dance, language and theatre, and fine arts. Historical preservation honors aspects of the past. Education is any form of growth in skills or knowledge. Since Mr. Eppes reserved his greatest passion for the arts, the foundation’s highest priority is supporting arts programs that also educate participants or honor the past.
Our mindset and mission
We believe the arts should…
Inspire, entertain, foster camaraderie
Build confidence, communication, teamwork, leadership…
Honor the past and foreshadow the future.
Building Life Skills through the Arts.
Learn More About Our Current Programs
The Eppes-Jefferson Foundation operates two programs in collaboration with like-minded charitable organizations:
- Communi-Confidence, Speaking Skills for Life is an opportunity for people of all ages to improve public speaking skills.
- Looking Forward, Looking Back, Bridging Generations through Life Stories is historical preservation, one family at a time.
The collaboration works like this:
- Charitable organizations provide physical space and enthusiastic participants.
- Eppes-Jefferson Foundation conducts the workshops.
- There is no charge to organizations or attendees.
About David & Sharon Ward, Co-Executive Directors